Intamac Packaging Systems recognises its responsibility for and stewardship of the environment, both internally and externally. Our policy is intended to reflect a practical approach to our impact on the environment.
1. To have a continuing dialogue with our machine manufacturers on environmental impact matters. We work closely with them to ensure that they can offer environmentally sound alternatives, to meet the requirements requested by our customers.
2. To engage in a thoughtful, balanced debate on the subject of environmental stewardship.
3. To be involved in a range of developments of feasible alternative materials to fossil-fuel-based plastic. We use our knowledge of the market place, machinery and the latest technology to identify practical solutions, contributing to the maximum reduction in environmental impact.
4. To consult with our customers and review their packaging design requirements to achieve a realistic balance between packaging functionality and material choice. We consider the whole product life-cycle carbon footprint, including; food production; packaging for waste minimisation; product transportation; shelf life; and recycling.
5. To meet, or exceed, all relevant environmental legislation and standards that relate to our business.
6. To ensure that our employees are aware of the impact their use of energy has on the environment. All staff are encouraged to minimise the use of fossil fuels and understand the impact of emissions with our travel choices. Power consumption is minimised by actively switching off electrical equipment and lights when not in use. Waste is reduced by minimising printing and maximising online data storage. All staff recycle waste appropriately, and packaging is reused and recycled as much as possible. All staff are encouraged to bring forward improvement ideas.
The board of directors reviews our environmental impact at its regular meetings and will adapt this policy as new technologies emerge.